Wired in bridge super distortion in HSS guitar, now bridge + middle is very thin

• 2 Replies

Offline stratsuper

• View Profile
I have a Jackson Adrian Smith import model and just swapped out the bridge humbucker for a Dimarzio Super Distortion..no coil split or tap..I followed Dimarzios wiring diagram for HSS guitars with 1 volume, 1 tone ...black and white soldered together, green and bare wire to ground and the red wire to the switch lug (all the same colors and routing of the original pickup btw, which looks a whole lot like the Dimarzio super distortion, even has nearly the same impedance reading but no markings on the bottom of it...anyway...) ...The bridge seems to sound OK, maybe a hair weaker than expected but the real drag is now that super mellow and sweet bridge humbucker + single coil middle that I use a lot is now extremely thin and tinny sounding...What did I do wrong?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:19:52 AM by stratsuper »

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Seems like it is out of phase with the single coil in the middle. Just swap the green and red wires on the Super Distortion and you should be fine.

Good luck,
Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline stratsuper

• View Profile
Thank you!