MORE color options for DiMarzio 7-string models

• 5 Replies

Offline Despised

• View Profile
MORE color options for DiMarzio 7-string models
« on: March 02, 2022, 08:59:15 AM »
Hey all, Thank you for finally having me first off, it took forever to get the confirmation email...

But I am curious as to what is DiMarzio's deal with why they don't do more color options for the 7-string models... and right off the bay, the colors that come to mind are pink, the green & yellow (like on the Ibanez UV777GR), and the chrome bobbins like on the UV77SVR (Silver, from the 3 Passion and Warfare anniversary models a few years ago...)...

I've since found out that apparently you can & someone has ordered the green & yellow combo for a UV70 Premium Universe, but that "there hasn't been enough of a demand for the chrome bobbin 7-string models" per thier tech via an email... And I'm sure that pink would still be a hard NO if inquired...

So does anybody else want DiMarzio to start making and offering more of the 7-string models in these colors and actually offer them on thier website like they do the 6-string counterparts???

Offline greenlion

• View Profile
Re: MORE color options for DiMarzio 7-string models
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 11:12:28 PM »
I didn't have any problem finding a green set a couple of years ago. I have seen a red set and blue set for sale used on Ebay fairly recently. I'd say the majority of 7 and 8 string players are playing metal on black guitars, and don't want different colors. There aren't many 7 or 8 string guitars in colors other than black either. I wish Ibanez would offer the RG752 with a hardtail in some brighter colors. I bought one of the yellow ones with a trem a couple of years ago, but there was something about that trem on a 7 string I did not like, so I sold it.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 02:23:59 PM »
Hey all, Thank you for finally having me first off, it took forever to get the confirmation email...

But I am curious as to what is DiMarzio's deal with why they don't do more color options for the 7-string models... and right off the bay, the colors that come to mind are pink, the green & yellow (like on the Ibanez UV777GR), and the chrome bobbins like on the UV77SVR (Silver, from the 3 Passion and Warfare anniversary models a few years ago...)...

I've since found out that apparently you can & someone has ordered the green & yellow combo for a UV70 Premium Universe, but that "there hasn't been enough of a demand for the chrome bobbin 7-string models" per thier tech via an email... And I'm sure that pink would still be a hard NO if inquired...

So does anybody else want DiMarzio to start making and offering more of the 7-string models in these colors and actually offer them on thier website like they do the 6-string counterparts???

Hello and welcome!! Sorry it took forever for you to get your registration e-mail. It turned out that our e-mails got rejected or filtered as spam by some service providers. Our server is hosted on a network that happened to have some other servers that were compromised and sending spam. It's like one or two neighbours bringing down the whole neighbourhood. Thankfully I found a solution to get around this problem and I'm happy to have you here!

The demand for 7 string models have always lagged behind their 6 string counterparts so funky colours are always a bit of a hard sell and tend to sit on shelves for a very long time. It's been a while since I last checked but weren't custom bobbin combinations available as a custom order through DiMarzio directly?
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline Despised

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 09:55:35 AM »

Hello and welcome!! Sorry it took forever for you to get your registration e-mail. It turned out that our e-mails got rejected or filtered as spam by some service providers. Our server is hosted on a network that happened to have some other servers that were compromised and sending spam. It's like one or two neighbours bringing down the whole neighbourhood. Thankfully I found a solution to get around this problem and I'm happy to have you here!

The demand for 7 string models have always lagged behind their 6 string counterparts so funky colours are always a bit of a hard sell and tend to sit on shelves for a very long time. It's been a while since I last checked but weren't custom bobbin combinations available as a custom order through DiMarzio directly?

Hey hey, thanks for having me! No stress, glad I could finally get in and on here!

But you would think that the 7-string market is open, old and expansive enough now that they could start offering more color options... I know DiMarzio is currently offering the most color options outside of Bareknuckle at the moment, but some of us really don't wanna spend $300+ on a set of pickups that you haven't played or physically heard in-person and can't return should you not like them...

But I believe you are right in that we can finally get color combinations from available stock colors. One person on one of the Ibanez/Universe groups on FB was able to get a set of green & yellow Blaze HB's for his Premium UV70... so at least we can finally have that option!!!

BluesJam

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 04:28:37 AM »
DiMarzio should just make pickups with black or white bobbins and just have adhesive plastic veneers as toppers.  People only see the top of the bobbin anyways. 

BluesJam

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 12:29:14 PM »
I’m glad I bought some camouflage  colored pickup covers before they were discontinued.