Pair for chopper

• 2 Replies

Heiskanen

Pair for chopper
« on: May 11, 2015, 12:56:34 PM »
Hello. I got strat with chopper in the bridge and i like it. In the neck i have Fender 57/62 and i thinking to change it to hum canceling pickup becuase i have two strats and the other one has single coils in it. OR maybe i change chopper to the neck position and and find something new in the bridge. I play classic and hard rock trough 2203 Marshall. What you guys think i should go with? What pickups go well with chopper?

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pair for chopper
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:25:57 PM »
I am in a similar situation at the moment. Currently I have (from bridge to neck) Chopper - Area 58 - Area 67 and considering to change the Areas to Cruisers - mainly because I find the Chopper too tame with the 250k pots in that guitar. The problem is that the Areas tend to get shrill with 500k pots.

If you want a high gain sound out of a 2203 without pedals the Chopper in the bridge may not be enough. In that case you might indeed like it better in the neck spot and go for something hotter in the bridge, e.g. the Super Distortion S, Tone Zone S or Pro Track. No experience with any of these, though so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Heiskanen

Re: Pair for chopper
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 11:09:46 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I use booster to get high gain with my 2203 so maybe i don't need very high output pickup. I have had couple of years chopper in bridge position of my tele and now i have it too in my strat. Maybe i wanna try something new in the bridge and put chopper to neck. I used to have soper distortion in my tele but i didn't realy like it because it was too compressed and harsh.