x2n in neck on telecaster

• 5 Replies

Offline THERATT

• View Profile
x2n in neck on telecaster
« on: August 04, 2016, 12:24:33 PM »
I am building a custom tele with the x2n in the neck position and the super distortion T in the bridge with 500k push pull pots for coil tapping on both pickups. Is this a good combo for a metal type sound or will the x2n be muddy?

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
Re: x2n in neck on telecaster
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 01:30:49 PM »
Never tried this particular combo but an X2N in the neck could possible overpower just about everything you could put in the bridge. I would't do it but then again I never thought a Tone Zone could work in the neck either...

Offline THERATT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 05:25:21 PM »
so its never been done. well I will let you know how it turns out.

Offline KH Guitar Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 12:10:25 AM »
Never tried this particular combo but an X2N in the neck could possible overpower just about everything you could put in the bridge. I would't do it but then again I never thought a Tone Zone could work in the neck either...

It might work, but you need a very powerful bridge pickup, and you might also have to set the X2N in the neck far away from the strings
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:14:06 PM by KH Guitar Freak »

Offline Aceman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 08:14:18 PM »
Well, it will be interesting no doubt.  I might think about going Series/Parallel/split on the X2N…just in case.  Super flexible that way.

Or just plain swap and put a SuperD in the neck and whatever a X2N Tele is in the bridge.

How are you going to USE the neck?  Solos only?  Might be awesome. 

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 03:26:31 AM »
How are you going to USE the neck?  Solos only?  Might be awesome.

Very important aspect. I have heard of people using a DiMarzio PAF in the bridge for rhythms and a SD in the neck for leads which worked fine for them. Personally I would do it the other way around but I use mainly the bridge pickup for leads.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b