DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Neck Humbucker trick for removing mud/boom

<< < (5/5)

Tone Meister:
Surely with all the knowledge here and over at the SD forum that most folks know about fitting a capacitor in line to filter out unwanted low end?

With a bit of tweaking on the cap, one should be able to clear up most any pickup, most of the time.

darkbluemurder:
That was the mod I was referring to in reply #20 - just the value of the capacitor is different but that is personal preference anyway.

Cheers Stephan

Tone Meister:
Thought I had read the entire thread, but somehow I had missed your #20 post.  And yes, it's very much worth trying different values if the .047 doesn't quite do it for you.

RayBarbeeMusic:
I found a much smaller cap is required.  If you put it in parallel with a resistor that works to.  The G&L passive bass control is a .0022uf cap across a 1M pot.

But yes, any time you introduce a capacitor to the circuit, you can introduce phase issues, and that can be an issue in parallel. 

Overall, I've found that just removing poles works best.  Either 3 under the bass on one coil (screws if double screw coil; now I just pop out the slugs on screw/slug pickups) or all 6 on one coil for some pickups (super 2 comes to mind). 

Also note this has much less affect on "aired" pickups than non-aired. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version