DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Pickup used on Ibanez JEM middle position?

<< < (5/5)

jim777:
I've got Bartolinis in that one now, but I have another with the Evos in it that I'm leaving stock. I'm looking to put an Air Classic in the neck and use a Steve Morse bridge I have already, but I want something clean, bright, and hum free for the middle slot. I just can't tell how tall the singles are by the available stats, and I know the Chopper was too tall. So, height is as important as anything else for that middle slot on the Jem (and I imagine a number of the RGs as well).

jim777:
Saw an ad for a "Tall Single" pickup cover on Reverb that stated the following (which was close to exactly what I was looking for):

FITS: Virtual, HS series, Evolution Middle, FS-1, Area 58-61-67, Injectors and SDS -1.
Will NOT FIT: vintage Fender pickups or DiMarzio Class of '55, True Velvet or Red Velvet pickups.

These Tall DiMarzio Covers dimensions are as follows.
15 MM tall.
52 MM from center of hole E to E hole.
5 MM between each hole.
70 MM from end to end left to right.
17 MM width.

So, this is just for singles with pole pieces, I am guessing the ones with similar form factor to The Chopper won't fit either in a "short" pickup situation. Too bad about the Area '61 though, as that was the one I wanted. I will email DiMarzio and see if they have any hum cancelling "short" single coils.

jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version