Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pickup Place / Re: Is this wiring even possible ?
« Last post by DarthPhineas on Today at 07:46:43 am »
Should be possible.

Is there a certain arrangement you want on the switch?  Have you soldered something like this before?
The Pickup Place / Is this wiring even possible ?
« Last post by Samuel_385 on December 10, 2017, 09:06:47 pm »
Hello, I've decided to add a Fender humbucker to my neck set up along with my Dimarzio X2N bridge pickup. The problem is I don't know how to wire anything.

Set up is:

- 2 Humbuckers (same colored wires)
- 1 volume
- 1 Tone
- 3 Way Blade.

Does anyone know which wire goes where? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

- Sam
The Pickup Place / Re: Is my Liquifire original?
« Last post by ed hunter on December 10, 2017, 09:00:46 am »
That is definitely a official LF'er BUT what the hell is up with the condition of that baseplate?
I do not understand how the bottom of a p'u could get into the condition?
there is even a blob of solder on it? ???
The Pickup Place / Re: Has anyone swapped magnets in a super distortion?
« Last post by ed hunter on December 10, 2017, 08:57:28 am »
I have often wondered about this because i've been looking at trying it to lower the output in them but the magnet size/shape isn't typical. But i was wondering if anyone has found a alnico that is the same size and tried it, and if so what did you hear?
I have put a alnico 8 in one of my Super D's and loved the tone.
I haven't tried anything yet. Although, I have been reading about the 36th Anniversary set. How do you think that set would do in a les paul?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

The 36th Bridge is something I almost suggested. If the VH PAF were available, I’d go with that first.....maybe you can find one on eBay.  They are pretty similar, although the 36th is not as much a direct replacement for the VH PAF as DiMarzio would suggest...in my opinion. Look in to it and see what you think. If you think it might be too hot, go with the regular 36th Model which is fine for either position. 
I've also read that the 36th Anniversary with covers does not fit into the Les Paul's pickup route.
Not true. Mine is covered.
I've also read that the 36th Anniversary with covers does not fit into the Les Paul's pickup route.
I have a 36th neck in my LP. I wouldn’t call it muddy but it’s definitely “loose” in the low end. Even so, I like it a lot. It sounds a lot like John Sykes neck pickup sound from his Whitesnake days. Check out his solo in “Is This Love”. That’s what mine sounds most like.
How about the bridge?

I have a Super Distortion bridge. Sorry.
I have a 36th neck in my LP. I wouldn’t call it muddy but it’s definitely “loose” in the low end. Even so, I like it a lot. It sounds a lot like John Sykes neck pickup sound from his Whitesnake days. Check out his solo in “Is This Love”. That’s what mine sounds most like.
How about the bridge?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10