Titan in Bridge of Les Paul?

• 4 Replies

Offline aizenx

• View Profile
Titan in Bridge of Les Paul?
« on: July 22, 2020, 09:50:04 AM »
Anyone try a Titan in the bridge of a Les Paul? Thoughts? How is the low end, high end, overly dark, bright, etc?
good deals with: slugworth; RayBarbeeMusic; wxs3

Offline Aceman

• View Profile
Re: Titan in Bridge of Les Paul?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 11:10:50 AM »
what is this Titan supposed to do exactly?  I am not hip to the latest cool DMZ pups.  But I do dig a righteous Les Paul.  speaking of which, exactly what sort of Les Paul are we talking about?  Year, neck size, etc...

Offline aizenx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 11:57:25 AM »
what is this Titan supposed to do exactly?  I am not hip to the latest cool DMZ pups.  But I do dig a righteous Les Paul.  speaking of which, exactly what sort of Les Paul are we talking about?  Year, neck size, etc...

Well, it's marketed as a high output pick up with a tight low end. The guitar it would go in is actually more of a LP style. It's a Warmoth Regal body (mahogany/maple top) with a Rosewood neck and Ebony fretboard.

What I want out of a bridge pickup, is a tight low end with a sweet/warm high end for leads. One thing I have noticed a lot with modern pickups, is that it's often hard to find those mutual attributes. It's either tight in the low end and shrill in the high end OR it's warm/smooth in the high end and flabby in the bass.

Offline HarlowTheFish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 04:29:26 PM »
The Titan will get you where you want EQ-wise because it's all mids - there's not a whole lot of bass to get flabby and not a whole lot of treble to get harsh. The caveat to this is that it's also a super 'dry' feeling pickup (not a lot of compression, you need to be picking hard all the time if you want output and aggression) and it's very modern-voiced which I know some people aren't into. The neck version is similar, but a bit brighter and with a bit more compression. IMO it actually really shines in parallel mode (position 4 on the JB Ibanez) for cleans and leads.

It's a decently dark set overall, but still very present and cutting due to the mid focus, and it'll definitely push an amp pretty well. I've played it in a parts Tele and in the JB Ibanez (the latter of which is pretty LP-like - mahogany body, chunky maple top, maple-mahogany neck, and ebony board).

Offline aizenx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 04:45:47 PM »
Good stuff. Thanks for the replies, guys. :)