4 pole 5 way switch wiring

• 3 Replies

Offline w2dodge

• View Profile
4 pole 5 way switch wiring
« on: April 01, 2020, 09:27:48 AM »
Need some help....I have a Ibanez usrg30 I bought used ...with non original pickups and switch...how I know I own 4 of the same model...so I got dimarzio super switch...which is a little different than the usrg30 switch......I put new dimarzio SD in bridge and Deminion in neck...both 4 conductor ...so I'd like to wire them like to factory spec of usrg30 model...which is as follows:

bridge
bridge and neck split
bridge and neck
bridge inside and neck inside
neck

i cant find any diagram
..     thanks

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: 4 pole 5 way switch wiring
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 11:38:02 PM »
What switch is on there right now? Is it also wired the way you want it wired or is it wired differently?

Also, I love the USRGs. Still want one for myself!!
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline w2dodge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 10:19:05 AM »
it was a 3 way switch..I emailed dimarzio...they sent me a diagram and it's all resolved now..yes usrg30s are great guitars.....thanks

BluesJam

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 02:10:46 PM »
Another suggestion is to do a regular 3way switch and do a push-push pot for parallel wiring, which is humbucking.  Then every pickup can have series/parallel sounds which gives you (6)total sounds.  You can do an out of phase push/push and have around  (9) sounds. Wiring looks simple and you’ll have as many sonic options as Jimmy Page!

This is a Duncan Pickup wiring scheme.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/wiring-diagrams?meta_params=guitar-options,2-pickups,neck-h,bridge-h,1-volume,1-tone,3-way-blade#schematic-results-count

https://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts/Potentiometers_x/Mojotone-500K-Audio-Taper-Push-Push-Short-Shaft-Guitar-Potentiometer
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 02:34:57 PM by BluesJam »