Darth Paul, my modified PRS S2 Standard 22

• 4 Replies

Offline littlebadboy

• View Profile
Darth Paul, my modified PRS S2 Standard 22
« on: February 17, 2020, 02:28:21 PM »
My friend and I were working on this mod project. The goal was to spec it out to my liking. The PRS S2 series is a guitar line wherein the body was made alongside their core series stateside but outfitted with overseas electronics and other hardware.

Presenting "Darth Paul", a modified PRS S2 Standard 22 in satin black.

This was its stock form:

It now has the following:
DiMarzio D-Activator X bridge and neck
Schaller Megaswitch "T"
Emerson Pro CTS 1meg volume pot
C&K USA DPDT Mini Toggle Switches
Geesatis Open Black Humbucker Covers
CTS 250k SPST Split Shaft Push/Pull Pot
Pure Tone Jack (double contact)
PRS/Mann Vibrato Bridge (black nickel bridge with plain nickel saddles)

The Pure Tone jack has a different "feel" than a Switchcraft jack when putting the 1/4" cord plug into it. It has a very solid double "click" because of its design, as opposed to the normal single "click" of a Switchcraft jack.

The Schaller Megaswitch operates like a normal 3 way switch... rearward is the bridge p/u, middle position is both p/u's and frontwards is the neck pickup.

It has 2 mini toggles, the front switch is for the neck p/u, and the rear switch is for the bridge p/u. In the "downward" positions, the pickups are in series. In the upward positions, the pickups are in parallel. They give the guitar tremendous control over the guitars overall tone depending on what position the switches are set to, and what the Megaswitch is set to.

The tone control is normally out of the circuit. It is engaged when you pull the tone knob up. It is a 250k CTS pot with a .01uF CRL ceramic disc cap. It will give a clean tone, an overdriven "blues" tone, or a high gain tone. It will have the full potential of the p/u's output when the tone knob is "down" in its normal position, since the tone pot and cap are disengaged in that position.

The volume pot is a 1 meg . This will result in the most output the pickups are able to produce, short of wiring them directly to the jack! It also has a treble bleed circuit, with a 220k resistor and a .006uF cap wired in parallel.

It has PRS/Mann Vibrato Bridge in black nickel bridge, but I opted for the plain nickel saddles. The original Mann trem arm was also in black nickel but was too short for my liking. So, I used the original overseas trem arm in shiny chrome.

This is it! This should be the end of my GAS. Thank you so much, Dr.**** for designing and building my guitar circuit!

I got this guitar used. So, it has battle scars. I like guitars with a story than a brand new guitar.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 06:46:01 PM by littlebadboy »

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: Darth Paul, my modified PRS S2 Standard 22
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 12:42:58 AM »
Very nice!
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline littlebadboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 06:33:49 AM »

Offline Rabelais

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 07:07:34 PM »
Nice guitar

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 02:38:56 AM »
That guitar has a very classy look. Have fun with it.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b