If someone has a hard time finding music inspiration ....

• 5 Replies

Offline Mew

• View Profile
If someone has a hard time finding music inspiration ....
« on: January 12, 2020, 02:23:52 AM »
I'm not sure how to name this topic, ... But this should be for that type of people who have a hard time like finding musical inspiration or they have no idea of creating new music, or they are into one sound, and can't get out of that "safety box". You may find this topic very usefull.

All my life I was way always drown to like one specific guitar design sound. I tried like most of this "classic designs", and I found my sound in one. And for me - that design is perfect guitar for me.

And I have no problem with 1st part of topic.

But some time ago, I tried really, one guitar where I have absolutely all specs on guitar. So it's like the complete opposite of my "The Guitar". Nothing in that guitar atracts me in any way in terms of specs ... I really dislike that wood, I really dislike that types of pickups ......

But oh my God, it was such a fun instrument. Even if I hate all the specs. But it was really a fun instrument. My "The guitar" is still the "best" guitar. But this one was such an inspiring instrument, even if I hate all the specs.

So if you need inspiration for a new tone or new music .... Take your butt to music store, and take the guitar in your hand , which you would never pick in a million years in "normal circumstances". ;)

PS. take this advice on your own safety. XD GAS issue warning. XD
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 02:28:02 AM by Mew »

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: If someone has a hard time finding music inspiration ....
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 02:47:36 PM »
taking my butt to a music store is a dangerous thing. I tend to leave with gear I never knew I needed lol
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline Mew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 04:56:06 AM »
Yap, as most people. XD
Luckily I'm very limited with my paycheck. xD

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 12:26:01 PM »
I have 21 axes. Thankfully most of them are completely different from the other. That being said, it really doesn't seem to matter what I play, I still sound the same, good or bad.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 03:08:58 AM »
That being said, it really doesn't seem to matter what I play, I still sound the same, good or bad.

I have found out the exact same thing for myself :)
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 12:01:23 PM »
I think there are times when all of us rack up our sound to our gear, and that is partially true. But how we play has just as much to do with it.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else