"The Nita Strauss Syndrome"

• 8 Replies

Offline Mew

• View Profile
"The Nita Strauss Syndrome"
« on: November 09, 2019, 07:47:30 AM »
I came up with new guitar disease. We will call it "The Nita Strauss Syndrome".

In her Ibanez / DiMarzio interview, she said stuff like she can't find perfect guitar, cause it's always something missing on it.

Like: " This Les Paul would be perfect if it had this ....... ".

She simply made her own signature guitar.

Anyone has same issue as her? I sure have. :/ I can't seem to find my perfect guitar, since I love some unique stuff which I ever saw on 1 or 2 models.

Anyone has same issue?

So I pretty much love neck from one guitar, body from second guitar, pickups from third guitar.
And have all this three components in one guitar is extremly rare. -.-
Anyone with same issue? That loves something that is not producing like anywhere? :D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 07:52:41 AM by Mew »

Offline shupe13

• View Profile
Re: "The Nita Strauss Syndrome"
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 10:23:48 AM »
I've never owned "THE" guitar and I've owned cheap to ridiculously expensive. I often try telling myself though. They all lacked something.

Modding is a "syndrome" to me.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Offline Mew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 10:48:28 AM »
I'm drown to idea of having one guitar only, and one amp only. I don't like collect gear. I really love specific things about amps, and specific things about guitars, but no one is producing it. -.- So I'm kinda stuck with custom made stuff. -.-

Without any problem I could have 1 guitar like Andy Timmons , and 1 amp like Slash or Satriani.
But just have 0 luck with finding anything similar on market. -.-

The only thing which I like to change from time to time are pickups. I love 2 models of neck pickup,  and 1 model of bridge, but kinda 3 manufactures are making something very similar to it. XD But in terms of guitar, I always like same neck, same body wood .. Amps also; I love same amp anytime ... pedals also, I use only 1 overdrive pedal. I only like 2 or 3 pickups. XD And maybe two speaker types, but I could get rid of 1 without a problem. I'm minimalist in terms of gear.

For me, I get why people love bunch of stuff. But I have luck that only 1 specific thing does turn me on. XD Slash only likes Les Pauls. I'm kinda that in terms of gear.

And yeah, finish colour. I like two guitar colours. XD I'm minimalist in that also. XD Not even like body colour. Just two pickguard colours on same guitar. XD I'm like pretty small in that also. xD
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 11:20:31 AM by Mew »

Offline jim777

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 08:47:39 AM »
They are tools when you get down to it. You wouldn't get a hammer and think,"This is the perfect tool, I'll never need another". This is why you need a Jem and a Tele and a 335 and a Les Paul and a Strat, etc. :)

If I found a guitar that was perfect for me in every way and did everything I needed a guitar to do, I think I'd be heartbroken (although it would make my wife happy I'm sure! )  ;D

jim

Offline littlebadboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 02:25:25 PM »
As I came to think about it, there has not been a guitar I owned that did not get any mods except for one.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 12:43:43 AM »
I like the name you gave for this. I'm sure many of us have thought of the same thing before!
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline littlebadboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 05:59:22 PM »
Isn't she hot when she does this?

Offline Aceman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 11:33:20 AM »
Tell me the features on her guitar....

I bet there are three out there off the rack that would meet her needs.  I call BS. 

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 11:19:30 AM »
Agreed.  I have heard, and read many ludicrous statements that are similar to her,"I just couldn't find a guitar that suited me until I got this signature......" It just sounds so scripted because we have heard SO many people make that claim. I would agree.

The ONLY guitar that I had to modify to suit me was my Big Apple Strat because the damned thing would go out of tune when I looked at it.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else