Need help for first DiMarzio pickups

• 1 Replies

Offline apoplexia

• View Profile
Need help for first DiMarzio pickups
« on: November 08, 2019, 11:30:55 PM »
Greetings.
I would like to ask about some help/advice which pickups would be suitable.
Guitar is Mayones, 6 strings, mahogany body, mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, bolt-on construction.
It came wish SD JB and Jazz humbuckers and later replaced with SD Nazgul and Sentient.
Obviously I am not satisfied with the tone from Nazgul. It is probably very good for 7 strings or lower tuning, but I play in E standard. Ok, it may have bottom and low mids, but for my taste clarity is missing, and some kind sterile tone. For example, I got Gibson Custom from a friend about 10 days ago (unfortunately he does not remember the bridge humbucker, but is some Gibson model, Alnico) and there I can talk about clarity, but lack of balls. Anyway.
I try to play metal, my own stuff, gear is audio interface, Cubase, Neumann KH120. And Mayones is not in use because I cannot take a good for me sound from it.
Could you recommend some DiMarzio options I can check? Need is power chords, sometimes plam muted, something like Grave Digger and Savatage power guitar chord sound (first that came in mind).
The problem is that need to buy, to install and try, and if it is not the right one, again the whole procedure.

Thank you in advance
Angel ::)

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
Re: Need help for first DiMarzio pickups
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 12:34:59 PM »
Dominion set
Illuminator set
Titan set
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram