DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Pro Track vs Super Distortion S in neck

(1/3) > >>

Orkhan Julfa:

Hi guys!
This is my guitar I crafted and put Evo 2 and VVHeavy Blues 2 pickups. While I happy with sound of Evo 2 I want something more powerfull and compressed replacement for neck VVHB2.
Thinking about Pro Track or Super Distortion S. Which one will better match with Evo 2 and which one will scream and cut like Evo? I prefer when bridge and neck pickups have equal output and dynamic.
P.S. It should has good split tone too.

Mark:
Neither, I would try a chopper.

Orkhan Julfa:

--- Quote from: Mark on October 28, 2019, 04:44:22 PM ---Neither, I would try a chopper.

--- End quote ---
I had chopper. Didn't like it.

HarlowTheFish:
The Pro Track is voiced kinda like the PAF Pro (PRO Track, PAF PRO) so it might work out well for you if you want something more humbuckery. If you want a more single-coil vibe with bumped up output, maybe a Virtual Solo?

Orkhan Julfa:

--- Quote from: HarlowTheFish on October 28, 2019, 05:21:08 PM ---The Pro Track is voiced kinda like the PAF Pro (PRO Track, PAF PRO) so it might work out well for you if you want something more humbuckery. If you want a more single-coil vibe with bumped up output, maybe a Virtual Solo?

--- End quote ---
I have Virtual Solo too. Prefer set Evo 2 close to the strings. It gives me more tightness and push in sound. In that case Virtual Solo lack output to balance well with Evo 2. And Virtual Solo has very strong magnetic field. I can't set it to close in neck position. I kills sustain. But in bridge position in amazing!
Think I will keep VVHB2 and VS for my future strat project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version