RG655 - Middle pup - Cruiser Bridge?

• 4 Replies

Offline Bucksears

• View Profile
RG655 - Middle pup - Cruiser Bridge?
« on: October 19, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »
I have an Evolution Neck and Evo 2 Bridge incoming for my RG655. Want a dual-blade single-coil-size for the middle.
Thinking about the Cruiser Bridge. Any opinions on pairing this one with a high output neck/bridge?

Offline greenlion

• View Profile
Re: RG655 - Middle pup - Cruiser Bridge?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 10:11:37 PM »
I like the Cruiser Bridge in the middle position with a Fred Bridge and Paf Joe Neck. I also like the Evolution Middle pickup pretty well.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 04:09:02 AM »
What are your preferences in pickup combinations? Do you use the middle alone much or do you use it mostly in combination with one coil of the humbuckers? In the first case you will want a humbucking (rail or area) pickup whereas in the second you may be equally happy with a non-humcancelling pickup.

Cruiser bridge should be fine for the middle position but it is low output and may not keep up well enough with the Evos.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 02:12:03 PM »
What about virtual solo, or heavy blues2 ?
?
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else

Offline Bucksears

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 11:10:22 AM »
Wanted double-blade middle.
Output (according to specs) is a little higher than the True Velvet Middle that I took out. That TV Middle is what several Ibanez H/S/H guitars use, including Nita Strauss' sig model. Her Pandemonium pickups aren't far off (output-wise) from the Evo 2 bridge and Evolution Neck I'm using.

I got it put together over the weekend, but haven't had time to test it out.