DiMarzioForum Pickups FAQ

• 74 Replies

Offline Schneidas

• View Profile
Re: DiMarzio Pickups FAQ
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 05:17:39 AM »
No, the old PAF DP103 was a generic wind without any patents at all, yet it was one of my favorite neck humbuckers

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 12:04:16 AM »
No, the old PAF DP103 was a generic wind without any patents at all, yet it was one of my favorite neck humbuckers

Yeah, I didn't think it was an airbucker either. Guess it's Mr. D and Mr. B utilizing their patents in the quest for THAT tone.

And personally, my favorite neck humbucker is the PAF Pro.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:09:46 PM by CityofBlindingLights »

GuitarBizarre

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 09:28:05 PM »
Thanks DocNrock.

And more edits, @ Budd: I'm going to edit the entire post regarding the new output chart. And I'm looking forward to that EQ chart!

Plus, I've added some pickups to the pickup list that weren't there. Interestingly enough, none of the new pickups for 2008 were on the list. I had to add the PAF Bridge, True Velvet series, and Virtual Solo, I think that's it.

When I have more time I'll peruse DiMarzio's website, and other resources, to double check that I have all of the pickups.

I'd love to see some dim/ibz buckers added to that list... to give people a starting point.

----------------
Now playing: Ozric Tentacles - Strangeitude
via FoxyTunes

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 11:11:16 PM »
I'd love to see some dim/ibz buckers added to that list... to give people a starting point.

Meh, I guess we could include OEMs, but then I'd have to go through lists of Fender "custom" DiMarzio pickups, as well as all of the EBMM pickups. Maybe when I've got a bit more time on my hands, I'll try and update that

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 03:03:48 PM »
EDITS/UPDATES: I added in a little bit about DiMarzio's custom color upcharges, and polepiece color upcharges.

And I also changed the pickup output section a bit.

Eruption1991

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 08:05:10 AM »
Great FAQ!

Thanks very much.  ;D

megadrive

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2008, 03:23:35 PM »
I think we should update the FAQ and include all the secret options that you can get on pickups too. I never knew you could get strat pickups from DImarzio with or without the staggerred poles.

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2008, 11:13:19 PM »
I think we should update the FAQ and include all the secret options that you can get on pickups too. I never knew you could get strat pickups from DImarzio with or without the staggerred poles.

We actually have most of those "secret" options, like different colored polepieces and the ability to remove the triangular base plate on strat pickups  รก la EMGs.

But just for you I added a new section.

NOTE: New section added for custom ordering options.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:19:32 PM by CityofBlindingLights »

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2008, 11:40:02 PM »
UPDATE: Custom Ordering Options added, and OEM Pickups section now officially under construction!

Any news on that EQ chart? No rush, just curoius...

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 08:46:12 AM »
Thanks for maintaining this FAQ CityofBlindingLights. Thanks for reminding me on that EQ chart. I'm still trying to work out some kinks.. actually it's more like working out a more usable interface. I actually forgot about it for a bit with my recent infux of projects.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 05:43:55 PM »
Thanks for maintaining this FAQ CityofBlindingLights. Thanks for reminding me on that EQ chart. I'm still trying to work out some kinks.. actually it's more like working out a more usable interface. I actually forgot about it for a bit with my recent infux of projects.

No, it's cool man. Take your time, trust me when I say I of all people understand how little free time a person can have, I don't think I've gotten more than three hours of sleep in a night for the past two and a half weeks. Take your time, there's no rush man.

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 05:50:18 PM »
UPDATE: Rearranged the polepiece color mods by pickup number instead of alphabetical

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 09:54:15 PM »

No, it's cool man. Take your time, trust me when I say I of all people understand how little free time a person can have, I don't think I've gotten more than three hours of sleep in a night for the past two and a half weeks. Take your time, there's no rush man.

You're starting to sound like me with the amount of sleep you get. My days start around 2:30-3am and end around 10-11pm on a consistent basis. Rest assured though, I *WILL* get it done.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 12:04:21 AM »

You're starting to sound like me with the amount of sleep you get. My days start around 2:30-3am and end around 10-11pm on a consistent basis. Rest assured though, I *WILL* get it done.

Lol, I know what you mean. I've been pulling all-nighters since Sunday night, barely staying sane from tiny half-hour naps that I take whenever I can.

But that's cool man, once again take your time, and I look forward to seeing it!

And btw, UPDATE: Steve Morse Neck and Bridge Models updated accordingly

EDIT: UPDATE: Added standard bobbin colors... is reverse zebra standard, or is that an upcharge?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 12:09:07 AM by CityofBlindingLights »

pinto79

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »
A couple of errors I noticed:

Strat Single coils: No flange or different magnet stagger are $10 List each.
Camo bobbins add $30 List
Gold or Chrome Tops Add $75 list
Gold, chrome or Nickel cover on PAF style pickups: $23
Worn cover: $33
Colours on humbuckers: $10 regardless of the combination
Different colours on Strat pickups, no charge except Camo, $20
Reverse Polarity, where available is no charge.