DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

DiMarzioForum Pickups FAQ

<< < (15/15)

SLZCANON:
Quick question! If I disconnect the tone from a liquifire/crunch lab would that affect the tone? I'm thinking of changing the pickups on my charvel soloist from EMG to the JP set but this guitar only has a volume control and no tone.

KH Guitar Freak:

--- Quote from: SLZCANON on May 03, 2012, 05:24:38 PM ---Quick question! If I disconnect the tone from a liquifire/crunch lab would that affect the tone? I'm thinking of changing the pickups on my charvel soloist from EMG to the JP set but this guitar only has a volume control and no tone.

--- End quote ---

It will slightly. You notice a bit more high end and output. Some even think it sounds more "open"

darkbluemurder:
Link to the pickup model technology thread: https://www.dimarzioforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=15830.0

gregr:
It’s a long thread which I haven’t read in its entirety, so apologies if this has been covered.

What does the U mean after the color code on the part number?

I’ve seen this on various Area single coils.
For example I have a pair of Area 58s. One says DP415W and the other DP415BKU. I have a VV54P that says DP408BK. There’s currently a VVHB2 on eBay with the number DP409AWU (aged white). Mine says DP409W. I also found an Area 61 with the number DP416WU.

darkbluemurder:
Now as you've mentioned it I noticed it before, too. But I have no idea what this means - certainly not "uncovered" as this does not make sense for the Area series.

Cheers Stephan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version