‘79 bumblebee tribute evh

• 2 Replies

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
‘79 bumblebee tribute evh
« on: July 23, 2019, 11:06:55 AM »
So I saw the NAMM info in this guitar and when I finally saw the price, I threw up in my mouth a little. AMS is listing $19000 for what is basically a parts caster shred stick. I thought to myself,”Who in God’s name are they marketing these to?” And then it hit me. The same people that will spend 50gs on a Dumble and brag about it on the gear page.

I saw a review on musicians friend when they released the Frankenstein replicas where a dentist bought one to hang on the wall in his waiting room. Yeah THAT’S not a waste of $25,000.

I wonder if I can cash in on this cow and make a 5150 replica out of my ‘85 Kramer Barretta and charge an astronomical sum for it. Maybe throw in one of those custom shop Duncan’s that Seymour says he wound for Eddie. ::)
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else

Offline gtrjunior

• View Profile
Re: ‘79 bumblebee tribute evh
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 04:30:47 PM »
So I saw the NAMM info in this guitar and when I finally saw the price, I threw up in my mouth a little. AMS is listing $19000 for what is basically a parts caster shred stick. I thought to myself,”Who in God’s name are they marketing these to?” And then it hit me. The same people that will spend 50gs on a Dumble and brag about it on the gear page.

I saw a review on musicians friend when they released the Frankenstein replicas where a dentist bought one to hang on the wall in his waiting room. Yeah THAT’S not a waste of $25,000.

I wonder if I can cash in on this cow and make a 5150 replica out of my ‘85 Kramer Barretta and charge an astronomical sum for it. Maybe throw in one of those custom shop Duncan’s that Seymour says he wound for Eddie. ::)
I guess if you’ve got the money....
Personally, I don’t. I buy guitars to play them, not to dis-play them.
See what I did there? Lol

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
Re: ‘79 bumblebee tribute evh
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 03:32:45 PM »
Yes! And I couldn’t agree more. I can build one like Eddie did for under a grand. So why would I buy one for the cost of a car?
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else