DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Larry DiMarzio

(1/5) > >>

BluesJam:
I was wondering if Larry DiMarzio still the “pickup creative guru” or has his role diminished to other staff /designers.  I know he does many of the photographs on the site, but he does not offer any behind the scenes of actually making and designing pickups, like Duncan.

marcwormjim:
FWIW, I’ve only ever heard/read Dimarzio players credit Steve Blucher in interviews.

DavidSchwab:
Yeah Steve is the main guy. They have an actual lab there.

And at Duncan the main guy is Keven Beller. You see his name on most of the parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BluesJam:
I read that Bill Lawrence taught Larry DiMarzio and Kent Armstrong how to make pickups under his tutelage.  It seems that the Super Distortion, Dual Sound, PAF, FS1 were created by Larry. 

There is no Larry on the winding machines or a “MJ” magic winder.   Fender and Duncan put a face to a custom winder, which probably adds value.  DiMarzio is faceless and you dont see any factory videos.  Maybe PG should do a factory tour video.

DarthPhineas:

--- Quote from: BluesJam on June 12, 2019, 06:52:11 PM --- I know he does many of the photographs on the site, but he does not offer any behind the scenes of actually making and designing pickups, like Duncan.

--- End quote ---

The last pickup Seymour actually designed was the Alternative 8. Even so, there are a few engineers including Beller that have been handling the production models for quite a while (decades). Seymour was behind the “core” models that put them on the map and have been the basis for what’s come since.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version