DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

DiMarzio Custom Shop

(1/4) > >>

BluesJam:
I’m not sure why DiMarzio does not have a custom shop for one-offs and limited edition runs of pickups.  I think limited edition runs would be a great concept.

darkbluemurder:
If I understand their FAQ correctly they do a lot of former models upon special order., and I also understand that they do special requests as RW/RP or the no flange option on their single coil sized models.  I guess that is similar to a custom shop without calling it one.

Cheers Stephan

BluesJam:
Perhaps DiMarzio needs to create more options for customization.  I still think a limited run model concept would add aftermarket values, too.  It would provide the opportunity to use premium materials for short runs.  Obviously, they would be priced higher.  Think wooden bobbins, carbon graphite bobbins, pickup surrounds, premium wire options), thick gold, bronze, silver platings etc. 

DarthPhineas:
Agreed. They are missing a huge $-making opportunity that would also boost customer satisfaction.

They could start by putting an end to the refusal to make more Virtual and Virtual Hot PAF models.

BluesJam:
+1.   Limited Edition Pickups would be hit items for sure!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version