Wondering what should be next... after Super Distortion/PAF Pro combo!

• 6 Replies

Offline 123RnR

• View Profile
Hi everyone! After almost a decade playing Seymour Duncan pickups, I decided to switch to Dimarzio to finally have a Super Distortion equipped guitar, and explore other tone options. After failing to nail ''my tone'' with a Transition and later a PAF Master in the neck, I finally got the tone I want with the Super Distortion/PAF Pro combination. It's the real deal!!!

I was just wondering what should be my next in my tone quest!
If I could ''fix'' something, I would like more clarity, attack, and more output of the PAF Pro. Am I crazy?  ;D
The Super Distortion is perfect as it's. I would like something in that same vein.

Here's my guitar! :D

PS. The Super Distortion/PAF Pro combo ain't going anywhere. Just would like to brainstorm ideas for the future!

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Super2 and Super Distortion maybe?
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline 123RnR

• View Profile
Super2 and Super Distortion maybe?

;D The Super Distortion is definitely a keeper.  ;D
I was thinking of venturing more into the PAF Pro Family, like the Satriani pickups, I imagine that some of Vai's like the Breed. I dig the hex poles vibe.  :)

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If I could ''fix'' something, I would like more clarity, attack, and more output of the PAF Pro. Am I crazy?  ;D
The Super Distortion is perfect as it's. I would like something in that same vein.

I have one guitar with a SD in the bridge and a Breed neck in the neck, and the Breed neck is just what you are describing.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline Mark

• View Profile
Next thing after a super D and paf pro in a flying V - Has to be either a Marshall 2203 or 1959 into a full stack, maybe with a little goosing from a tube screamer.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Next thing after a super D and paf pro in a flying V - Has to be either a Marshall 2203 or 1959 into a full stack, maybe with a little goosing from a tube screamer.

Ouch, that is going to be loud. But certainly a lot of fun.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline 123RnR

• View Profile

Ouch, that is going to be loud. But certainly a lot of fun.

Cheers Stephan

Indeed! I have a Blackstar HT-40 with JJ Tubes installed. While not a full stack, it's pretty good sounding!  ;D   I'm very happy with them. I have a PAF Master set in the house. I'm still wondering if I should install them on my Gibson SG or sell them. I like them, but worry the PAF Master neck is too bass lean (lacking bass). Has anyone here solved that issue or know how to figure it out? My HT-40 doesn't have bass controls on the clean channel*