Ibenez Artcore AS73 Humbuckers Upgrade Pickups

• 2 Replies

Slim Bobbins

Ibenez Artcore AS73 Humbuckers Upgrade Pickups
« on: March 08, 2019, 08:43:08 AM »
Hi all, I have a nice AS73 being delivered to me today. Have a graphtech 6010 nut that will be going on next. I am a Beatles type of player sound wise, not musically lol. I just nabbed a neck 36th Anniversary PAF DiMarzio. Not even delivered yet. I was going to pair with another 36th bridge. Have read excellent things about the Air Classic for a slightly more Beatles vibe. Not opposed to selling this 36th neck for something else. Have heard Seth Lovers are amazing but not really in my immediate price range. Hoping to invite some input. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:11:11 PM by Slim Bobbins »

Offline 123RnR

• View Profile
Re: Ibanez Artcore AS73 Humbuckers Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 09:54:38 PM »
Hi all, I have a nice AS73 being delivered to me today. Have a graphtech 6010 nut that will be going on next. I am a Beatles type of player sound wise, not musically lol. I just nabbed a neck 36th Anniversary PAF DiMarzio. Not even delivered yet. I was going to pair with another 36th bridge. Have read excellent things about the Air Classic for a slightly more Beatles vibe. Not opposed to selling this 36th neck for something else. Have heard Seth Lovers are amazing but not really in my immediate price range. Hoping to invite some input. Thanks.

Hi there!
I've read the same thing about the Air Classic, but you haven't gone on the wrong path with the PAF36th. Try them out. They may not be as scooped sounding for the 60's vintage tone, but they will definitely rock nice!  Welcome to the FORUM!

Offline Lelik

• View Profile
Re: Ibenez Artcore AS73 Humbuckers Upgrade Pickups
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 05:37:44 AM »
I liked the Air Classic in the neck position, but mainly in a split configuration or parallel wiring.
For me it was even too bassy in the standard series configuration, but I admit that for me 98% of neck pickups are too bassy!  ::)
Anyway, splitting it (using just one single coil) it had a great tone in my guitar.