Quantum pickup color codes

• 2 Replies

Offline Audiowonderland

• View Profile
Quantum pickup color codes
« on: February 21, 2019, 10:21:52 PM »
Does any one know the wiring/color codes for the Ibanez Quantum pickups? I am trying replace them with either Dimarzio or Duncans. I need to know what is North Start/Finish and South Start/Finish so I can translate the wiring.

Im 99.99% percent the 3 wire bridge pickup is white=hot, black=ground and Red is tap. I think the neck is White=N+ Green= N- Red=S- and Black=S+ Can anyone confirm that? I know W/G go together and R/B do but I need to know which end is which so I get the phase relationships right. I don't want to have to do this multiple times trying to guess.

If I can lock down the color codes, the switch will be simple to sort out. That said, any one have a schematic for the 3SWLSC switch

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: Quantum pickup color codes
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 06:49:50 AM »
Not too sure about the Ibanez Quantum pickups but it's not really hard to tell if you can show us a photo of what the wiring looks like right now.

In situations like this where I have no idea what the original color code is, I typically just figure out the switch first and work with the known color codes from the new replacement pickups. Haven't worked with the 3SWLSC switch but looking at pictures of it online, it doesn't appear to be any different than a standard 5 way switch found on a strat except it's all on one PCB instead of being on two wafers.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline Audiowonderland

• View Profile
Re: Quantum pickup color codes
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 10:48:44 PM »
I the little printed circuit board hooked on this switch were ridiculous. I went with an alternate switch and installed the gravity storms today in the rga42fm. So far I am really loving them. I will need to find something else for the S670 now but I would rather have them in this instrument