DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Pickup used on Ibanez JEM middle position?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Angelectrico25:
Thanks, I think I'll keep the True Velvet, after a gig I had yesterday I'm really loving it, the Fred is the one that makes me more unhappy, I need more output and lows and mids, so it's the one I need to change first, my thoughts are: Satchur8, Tone Zone or Gravity Storm Bridge, and after that evaluate if I need to change the Paf Pro

darkbluemurder:
I like greenlion's suggestion and of these two I would select one depending on how much more output and compression is needed.

Cheers Stephan

Angelectrico25:
I'm thinking Satchur8 because I'd like to keep a Satriani kind of tone and the Satchur8 have (at least on paper) everything I feel the Fred lacks: more output 375 is fine for me, more bass, more mids and less highs. And after trying that pickup see if I need to change the other pickups.

jim777:
Holy thread resurrection!

When I tried to have a Chopper put in my Jem's middle position a few months ago, I was told it couldn't be done because the Chopper was too tall, and with the cutout for the trem in the center of the body I needed a different, shorter pickup so I just left the stocker in there. This is a Jem 505, so one of the Japanese ones that had the IBZ pickups in it. Would an Area 61 pickup be shorter than the Chopper and fit in there? I want a different sound than I am currently getting and am going to swap all of the pickups in this guitar.

jim

greenlion:
If you are keeping the PAF Pro in the neck, a Tone Zone or Air Zone bridge works well with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version