DimarzioForum.Com > Guitar Lounge

Schaller, Gotoh or Original Floyd Rose?

(1/2) > >>

ledvedder:
Hi everyone, Merry Christmas!

I'm considering replacing the Washburn branded FR on my N24. Compared to my Wolfgang and other guitar that has a Floyd, thus one just feels cheap and seems to affect the tone in a bad way. Which model should I choose for a replacement?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

buddroyce:
I'd go with the OFR and get a brass block upgrade for it.

DarthPhineas:
I prefer the German FR, and the German 1984 model if I have my way. Try to stick with the official FR upgrades if you want to keep the warranty in place. Plus, the official parts are sometimes more affordable.

However, the Schaller LockMeister is easily as good, if not better, than what they make for FR. I have 2 LockMeister terms and they have been rock solid. I have a LockMeister on my N24, that replaced the FR Special it came with. And then an official FR brass claw (just $10, screws included).

I’ll never touch another Gotoh. One started to wear at the knife edges, so I replaced it with a brand new one. Which started to show similar wear within a few hours. Others have had similar experiences.

ledvedder:
Was any routing necessary?

DarthPhineas:

--- Quote from: ledvedder on December 28, 2018, 08:12:13 AM ---Was any routing necessary?

--- End quote ---

Schaller LockMeister same specs as OFR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version