Pandemonium

• 9 Replies

Offline corypheus

• View Profile
Pandemonium
« on: December 20, 2018, 07:12:36 AM »
So anyone tried the Pandemonium? While I'm a fan of Nita, and think she's an amazing player, from the limited demos she did for the pickup, I didn't dig the sound of it, seemed slightly muddy and nasal. I am wondering if that's representative of the sound of those, or if it was the mixing to blame.

I want to know if anyone tried them, specifically the bridge pickup, and how does it compare to some other models?

Offline corypheus

• View Profile
Re: Pandemonium
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 07:20:40 AM »
No one ever tried the Pandemonium? Really?

Strangeman86

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 12:13:27 PM »
I didn't much enjoy the demo either, and the price of admission with the mandatory cover and color is not helping. I think those are also the reasons you can only find a handful of unofficial demos of the sonic ecstasy as well. Just  my two cents.

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 03:04:44 PM »
Don’t expect to be getting one, mainly because of the pricing. It doesn’t come off as anything particularly new...the baby of this model and that model??...players that mod can already make that.

Plus, it’s ANOTHER of the buy-it-this-way-only offerings. Players first went with aftermarket pups BECAUSE they wanted options.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline corypheus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 05:23:36 PM »
I hear ya both, and I agree. That's some bad marketing decisions done and all, I just wondered how are they in terms of sound, is all. I wasn't aware it's mandatory with those covers on them, that's just hideous... maybe if they allow them in normal looking version or with normal covers and I can hear a proper demo of them, I might buy them and try them, the way it is now, I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for answers, guys.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 08:16:59 PM »
It's one of those pickups that would have gotten a lot more sales if the cover wasn't mandatory(thereby making it more affordable at the same time).

Maybe I should reach out to the folks at DiMarzio for a test sample.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline corypheus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 05:10:36 PM »
It's one of those pickups that would have gotten a lot more sales if the cover wasn't mandatory(thereby making it more affordable at the same time).

I agree and I'd be (and I'm sure many others) very thankful for a full review of someone experienced such as yourself.

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 11:33:34 AM »

I hope they respond to your interest. They could use the promotion for this product.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline gtrjunior

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 05:14:54 PM »
I emailed Dimarzio a while back about buying without the covers....it’s not an option.
Too bad too because I have some interest in the pickup. But the cover, not so much. And yeah....the pricing sucks.

Offline Strobe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 09:21:52 AM »
I like the covers, they just would not work in the guitar I could put them in. They sounded really good in the few opportunities I heard them demo'd in (a video of Nita doing a clinic I believe). It is pretty hard to tell from that, because you kind of need to hear different settings on the amp to get a feel for the pickups.