Can anyone offer pickup wiring help?

• 2 Replies

Offline ledvedder

• View Profile
Can anyone offer pickup wiring help?
« on: December 15, 2018, 07:50:59 PM »
Not sure if anyone would be able to lend some knowledge. I'm replacing the cheap push pull pot that came with my Washburn N24, along with replacing the neck pickup with an SD Jazz. I've also cleaned up all of the unnecessary extra wire that was crammed in there. I've wired everything up the same way it was. The exception being the Jazz wire colors are different than the original Washburn neck pickup. So, I have the red and white Jazz wires where the Washburn red and green wires were. And the black Jazz wire where the white Washburn wire was. I'm getting sound, but it's very faint. The switching and coil tapping is also working.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone offer pickup wiring help?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 08:09:31 AM »
Where did you put the green wire of the SD Jazz? It should go to ground. If it does not, then I would not be surprised about only a faint sound (if at all) coming out.

Good luck,
Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline ledvedder

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone offer pickup wiring help?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »
Where did you put the green wire of the SD Jazz? It should go to ground. If it does not, then I would not be surprised about only a faint sound (if at all) coming out.

Good luck,
Stephan
The green went to ground, along with the bare. I ended up just using a standard CTS 500k pot and it's working fine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk