Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: Air Zone / Air Classic combo
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 02:34:32 PM »
I can see that working pretty well actually.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline greenlion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 09:34:50 PM »
Air Zone works well with a PAF Pro and a PAF Joe neck. I would think it would work well with an Air Classic as well.

Offline Audiowonderland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 07:52:18 AM »
I was originally considering a tone zone / air Norton but thought they may be a little bass heavy for a legacy amp. This guitar is for instrumental stuff so I need enough clarity from the neck for faster lead playing and maybe something with a little less output since that amp had massive amount of gain

Offline greenlion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 08:07:42 AM »
You could use an entire Air Classic set. The Air Zone is not brighter than the Tone Zone. It has less mids and compression, but I wouldn't call it brighter. The Air Norton is the furthest thing from clarity that I have ever had in the neck of my guitars. I thought it was a mud-bomb. I have the Tone Zone paired with a PAF Pro, and the Air Zone paired with the Paf Joe. Both those sets work well together in an Ibanez RG.

Offline Audiowonderland

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 01:46:50 PM »
You could use an entire Air Classic set. The Air Zone is not brighter than the Tone Zone. It has less mids and compression, but I wouldn't call it brighter. The Air Norton is the furthest thing from clarity that I have ever had in the neck of my guitars. I thought it was a mud-bomb. I have the Tone Zone paired with a PAF Pro, and the Air Zone paired with the Paf Joe. Both those sets work well together in an Ibanez RG.

Its not the worst idea and I have considered it. I am used to a traditional PAF sound and output. I want this instrument to be more modern sounding. The Evolutions I put in a 521 recently have me reconsidering. They are so hot and bright everything turns to fizz until I dial back the gain a bit and tweak the EQ. I thought they might be a pretty seemless transition as the Legacy was designed around those pickups but my ear is definitely not tuned into that sound yet and my rig is clearly fine tuned to a different type of sound.