New To The Forum!

• 2 Replies

MrGamingGuitarist

New To The Forum!
« on: November 18, 2018, 09:56:52 AM »
Hello everyone! I just discovered this forum and I just purchased my first DiMarzio pickup: a Super Distortion for my Jackson Soloist. I have always wanted to try DiMarzios for the longest time, ever since I saw Paul Gilbert in an ad for them in Guitar World magazine. The main reason I bought the Super Distortion was because so many people I love play them, like Ace Frehley, Paul Gilbert (I know he mostly sticks to vintage style pickups these days but I loved his Racer X tone), Phil Collen, Adrian Smith and Dave Murray, just to name a few. My other guitars have a Seymour Duncan JB and 59. and this Jackson I will be installing the Super Distortion in came stock with the Seymour Duncan Distortion Mayhem set, which was the first time I ever had a pair of pickups my ears simply cannot stand at all. I absolutely HATE the upper midrange spike in the TB-6. So, I'm hoping that the Super Distortion will help give that fat, meaty and not harsh 80's rock tone I'm looking for.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: New To The Forum!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 02:51:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

I think you'll thoroughly enjoy the Super Distortion.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
Re: New To The Forum!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 09:10:42 AM »
Welcome. I tend to agree with you on the Duncan distortion. I tried that one many moons ago and just couldn’t get on with that pickup. I am sure you will be happy with the SD. Great pickup.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else