Would a PAF Master (Neck) Pickup Would Hold His Own with a Super Distortion?

• 17 Replies

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
I am aware of what Tracii really uses and cannot speak about that in this forum.

As I tried to indicate, the PAF Master and PAF 59 sets were disappointing to me and I did actually send them both back (a huge rarity for me).
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline 123RnR

• View Profile
I am aware of what Tracii really uses and cannot speak about that in this forum.

As I tried to indicate, the PAF Master and PAF 59 sets were disappointing to me and I did actually send them both back (a huge rarity for me).

Hello Darth! I have the PAF Master in the neck of my guitar now. I like the clarity, is not muddy, clear notes, and "can work" with the Super Distortion in the bridge. It's a pickup that can change his character while playing with the knobs. I like it, but it still ain't a "MASTER". As you wrote, there's something dissapointing or lacking in these pickups. They're hollow sounding and would benefit from bigger bass, and higher output levels. It also sounds and acts like a bridge pickup in lesser scale than the Transition. Is that the Dimarzio pickups nature?

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
but it still ain't a "MASTER".

I hear ya.

My opinion, FWIW, is that DiMarzio is good at certain things. They seemed to do well with the old DP103 and with the Virtual PAF line.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram