Strat with fast track 1 and cruisers

• 3 Replies

Offline Tbur07

• View Profile
Strat with fast track 1 and cruisers
« on: September 22, 2018, 02:19:39 PM »
So I recently outfitted my strat with a chopper bridge, cruiser “bridge model” middle and cruiser neck. I really like the cruiser in the neck. I can get beefier but cutting tones and then if I back off the volume it sounds more like a single coil. I don’t mind he cruiser in the middle although I don’t love it per say.

Now here comes the chopper...I like it, but not in this guitar. It’s way too “smooth” sounding. I’m guessing it’s the mid bump that it has. So I purchased a fast track 1 as it has similar qualities to the cruiser.

So I was curious about people’s experiences. Anyone tried both a cruiser or fast track 1 in the bridge?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 05:25:33 PM by Tbur07 »

Offline greenlion

• View Profile
Re: Strat with fast track 1 and cruisers
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 11:02:48 PM »
I like the cruisers. I found the Fast Track 1 to be rather sterile and boring, but I was using it in the middle and neck position with a humbucker bridge. I also used the cruisers with a humbucker bridge, so I don't know what they sound like in the bridge position. I looked through DImarzio's catalog again, and spec-wise, the Fast Track seems to be your best bet.

Offline Tbur07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 01:03:33 PM »
Yea that was my take on it. I would love to hear the cruiser bridge actually in the bridge but I can’t find any videos of that

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 03:09:51 PM »
I love the cruiser in the neck position. The Cruiser bridge model in the bridge gave me a really nice full sounding stratty sound. Personally like something with a bit more power in the bridge and went with a Fast Track 2 before swapping that out for a full sized humbucker, but that's me.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter