DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Need humbucker that fits with single coils better than 36th Bridge

(1/3) > >>

jmcorey:
Hi guys -

Superstrat guitar (Cort G290) that is HSS.  Has a 36th bridge with 2 Area 58s in neck and middle.

When I switch to bridge, I feel like the tone changes fundamentally more than I wish.  The 36th bridge is quite midrangey relative to the high end.  To me, it is not blending nicely with the singles.

I am considering changing to a 36th Neck or a PAF Pro for the bridge slot.

I play everything, mostly pop-rock or classic rock, into a piece of Fractal gear through front of house or a FRFR rig.

Thanks!

Joe

greenlion:
I think you mean Area 58's in the neck and middle. Air Classic bridge would give you less honky midrange, and I think the output level would work even better with the single coils.

Speeddemon:
If you can, try the Air Norton as well. Yes, as a bridge pup!

I've had it in a rather bright-ish Les Paul and as a bridge pup, it's on the medium output side of things, quite bright, but not shrill.
Since I play some heavier stuff than what you described, I wanted a tad more grunt, so I swapped it for a Norton and later on, for an AT-1.

Actually, the AT-1 might be a decent suggestion too, given that Mr. Timmons uses it in combination with singlecoils too... it has a slightly bigger low-end than the Norton, ever so slightly less mids, but overall a somewhat comparable feel... like a very improved Duncan JB, without the harshness, looseness and honkeyness. (That said, I owned 1 guitar where the JB worked like no other...)

buddroyce:
Try the Norton or the AT-1. The Air Norton could also work.

jmcorey:

--- Quote from: buddroyce on September 06, 2018, 01:55:12 PM ---Try the Norton or the AT-1. The Air Norton could also work.

--- End quote ---

The 36th replaced a Norton, which overpowered the Area 58s and was middier than the 36th Bridge. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version