Replacement for VV Heavy Bues 2

• 4 Replies

Offline Orkhan Julfa

• View Profile
Replacement for VV Heavy Bues 2
« on: August 12, 2018, 02:16:43 PM »
Hi!
I have Heavy Blues 2 pickup in neck position of my guitar paired with Evo 2 in bridge and want replace it with more bright sounding pickup but don't loosing power at the same time. VVHB2 is too dark for me. Tried Virtual Solo that was even more dark and Chopper too smooth and lack of character.
This pickup must be very bright and screamy

I have some candidates list:
1. Fast Track 1 - I really liked its clean sound in all youtube demos but waht about hi-gain and matching with Evo 2?
2. Pro Track or Fast Track 2 with toggle switching for parallel wiring. IMHO for best veritility. But will parallel mode wil be bright enough?
3. Injector neck.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: Replacement for VV Heavy Bues 2
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 02:37:42 PM »
The Fast Track 1 or Fast Track 2 could totally work. I recall Rob Marcello using the Fast Track 2 in the neck position of some of his guitars when I was still handling Caparison Guitars. Sounded great to me. The Fast Track 1 is definitely brighter though. If you want bright and screamy then I'd narrow it down to the Fast Track 1 or the Injector neck.

When wiring in parallel the resonant peak shifts a bit and would actually be brighter. Don't know if it'll make the Fast Track 2 bright enough to qualify for bright and screamy. If the Chopper didn't work for you, I'm not too sure about the Fast Track 2 since it'll have more output and more body.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline Orkhan Julfa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 03:30:31 PM »
Ok. Thank you! I narrowed my searching toward to Fast Track 1 and Injector.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 04:10:01 AM »
Injector neck is basically a brighter VVHB2. Output level is about the same. Never played the FT-1.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline Orkhan Julfa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 03:33:21 PM »
Thanks. I am going more and more toward to injector