Dimarzio Fusion Edge

• 7 Replies

Offline sambonator

• View Profile
Dimarzio Fusion Edge
« on: June 29, 2018, 09:44:31 PM »
I recently purchased an Ibanez Six6FDFM guitar and really love the pickups on it.  They came with Dimarzio Fusion Edge pickups.  I want to get the same pickups installed on one of my other guitars, but I found out that these pickups are only available with some Ibanez guitars, and are not sold by Dimarzio. 

Are there pickups that are functionally/sonically identical to the Dimarzio Fusion Edge pickups available from Dimarzio? 

Thank you!
Sam

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: Dimarzio Fusion Edge
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 09:51:58 PM »
The Fusion models are pickups made by DiMarzio for Ibanez. Kinda like their old IBZ pickups. I'm honestly not too sure which ones the Fusion Edge are modelled after though. This might be a case were your best bet would be to contact DiMarzio to ask.

If you do, please post your findings as I'm sure there are some others that would like to know the answer as well.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline mononoaware

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 01:11:35 PM »
Shameless plug: I'm selling a matched set of these in great condition for $85 shipped. I soldered nuts to the baseplates to convert from direct mount to pickup rings, but otherwise not modified in any way. PM me if you're interested.

I metered them and discovered that both are around 10.5k with what looks like a double-thick magnet. Actually, I'm not convinced that the neck pickup is any different than the bridge spec-wise. I know there are a ton of other factors in trying to match them to another DiMarzio, but maybe that little bit of info will help if you want to go aftermarket instead.

And fwiw, a Fusion in the bridge reminded me of the Titan, but lower output. Open, detailed, and aggressive, with maybe a touch less mids.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 09:39:58 PM »
Shameless plug: I'm selling a matched set of these in great condition for $85 shipped. I soldered nuts to the baseplates to convert from direct mount to pickup rings, but otherwise not modified in any way. PM me if you're interested.

I metered them and discovered that both are around 10.5k with what looks like a double-thick magnet. Actually, I'm not convinced that the neck pickup is any different than the bridge spec-wise. I know there are a ton of other factors in trying to match them to another DiMarzio, but maybe that little bit of info will help if you want to go aftermarket instead.

And fwiw, a Fusion in the bridge reminded me of the Titan, but lower output. Open, detailed, and aggressive, with maybe a touch less mids.

Pretty sure he already has a set of them in his guitar. BUT it's nice to know what you think of the Fusion bridge. It's not surprising to read that it's similar to the Titan. A lot of the OEM pickups DiMarzio makes are typically based off another one of their pickups.

edit: Forgot the part that he was looking to buy another set. I'm clearly not a pro at walking and reading the forum on my phone :|
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 03:00:46 PM by buddroyce »
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline sambonator

• View Profile
Re: Dimarzio Fus
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 04:44:29 AM »

I sent you PM.  I'm intersted in your set. 
THey're black 6 string right?  White wuold be ok too.

Dimarzio got back to me and let me know that Fusion Edgre is exclusive to Ibanez.  They said the closest thing they have to it are Titans bridge and neck. 

Thank you!
Sam

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 06:36:20 AM »

Dimarzio got back to me and let me know that Fusion Edgre is exclusive to Ibanez.  They said the closest thing they have to it are Titans bridge and neck. 

Thank you!
Sam

The Titans are a great set. I have them in 6 and 7-string and am very pleased with them. Much more versatile than would be expected.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline Shooweri

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 08:03:37 AM »
Titans are worth to try. Have installed few sets in different guitars and found them balanced, dynamic and very versatile. They offer nice split and parallel tones as well. Fusion Edge pups have less output but similar tone.
-Warmoth Telecaster w/ Fender AVRI '52(B), Custom Strat(M), Flat '52(N)
-Ibanez RGD2127FX w/ Duncan Pegasus(B) & Sentient(N)
-Ibanez PGM301 w/ Duncan Perpetual Burn(B), SSL-1(M),  Air Norton(N)
-Squier Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster w/ Tonerider City Limits
-Tokai LSS-47 w/ Kent Armstrong StealthP90

Offline 27fretshred

• I have more frets than you!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »
The Titan Bridge is pretty awesome. I would recommend it.