Replace Duncan Alnico 2 pro flat strat in neck and middle?

• 2 Replies

Offline jcknowles89

• View Profile
Hello all,

Currently have a Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Flat strat in my Neck and Middle spots of an alder strat.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/pickup/alnico-ii-pro-flat-strat?__uuid_ref=5ad78cf1256ae

I like the tone but would like hum canceling. Not to mention I have been blown away by everything that I have switched from Duncan to Dimarzio so purging all SD from my household.

That being said. Any recommendations for replacing the tone of those two while keeping the Hum canceling? I usually like Warmer rather than chimier but still like a strat bell tone if that makes since.

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
Re: Replace Duncan Alnico 2 pro flat strat in neck and middle?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 05:29:13 PM »
Injector comes to mind as a possibility.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Replace Duncan Alnico 2 pro flat strat in neck and middle?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 11:56:47 AM »
What is your bridge pickup?

If it is medium to high output I would go with the Injector neck.

If it is a PAF type pickup or a single coil, I would go with the Area 67 in the neck and the Area 58 in the middle. If you fear that this will be too chimey, Virtual Vintage 54 Pro in both positions.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b