Plastic humbucker covers without holes that fit Dimarzio - confirming

• 1 Replies

I found a few online sellers that offer black plastic humbucker covers without holes but I am concerned that they may not fit correctly.

The Dimarzio humbuckers I have in mind for covers are (yet to be acquired) a Humbucker from Hell, and a Norton.

BTW, this thread is only concerning *black* *plastic* covers *with no holes for screw/hex poles*.  I am not interested in any kind of cover but this.

The following covers seem to be either vague on their exact dimensions or one or more of their dimensions are too short by a couple millimeters when compared to the dimensions listed in the humbucker pickup dimensions PDF that you can download from the Dimarzio main site.  I don't know if a couple millimeters is critical for correct fit or not. Also, some of the online sellers dimension descriptions aren't even clear about whether they are talking about Outer Dimension or Inner Dimension specs.

So, does anyone know if any of these plastic covers will fit a Dimarzio humbucker? 

If not , can you point me to some black plastic covers without holes, available online that will fit?

Allparts.com
 https://www.allparts.com/PC-0303-023-Humbucking-Pickup-Covers-No-Holes-Black-Plastic_p_2397.html

Mojotone:  http://www.mojotone.com/Pickups_x/PickupParts_x/Plastic-Humbucker-Pickup-Cover-Black
(Following are dimensions provided to me by email from one of their customer service reps: It looks like this cover measures : 2-3/4" long x 1-1/2" wide x 3/4" tall. That is just the actualy block part of the cover. The mounting holes from center to center are 3-1/16". From the bottom of the mounts to the top of the block part of the cover, are 15/16")

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:29:27 AM by TheBeautifullyDepressed »

Re: Plastic humbucker covers without holes that fit Dimarzio - confirming
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 11:48:53 AM »
I've put Mojotone's covers on a couple of my Dimarzio's with no problem whatsoever (the bobbins from both brands have nearly identical length/width).  You can always call Mojotone and ask them as well, super nice people.

Great info., thanks!

That's also good advice about just making a call to the Mojotone folks.