Pickups for Schecter c-1

• 2 Replies

Offline Omegex

• View Profile
Pickups for Schecter c-1
« on: February 05, 2018, 01:44:23 PM »
I'm looking to replace the pickups in my Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1. Currently I have a seymour duncan full shred in the bridge and a jazz in the neck, going through a peavey 6505+. I don't necessarily dislike the tone of the full shred, but I find it doesn't cut through the mix as well as I would like and the distorted tone isn't as heavy as Im looking for. Ive also played the duncan custom quite frequently and really like its tone, but find the highs a bit shrill.

In the past I've looked at Duncans fairly exclusively, so I don't know much about dimarzio pickups. The only experience I've had is the pickups in the musicman axis and the tone zone, the latter of which I didn't get along with for some reason.

Im a big fan of the guitar tones of Slash and Avenged sevenfold (yes I know they both play duncans, I just wanna keep my options open). The guitar is a mahogany body and neck with an ebony fretboard. Im looking for a pickup wet that can handle high gain hard rock and metal, but can also clean up fairly well. Any suggestions are appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:02:39 PM by Omegex »

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
Re: Pickups for Schecter c-1
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 02:43:02 PM »
Depending on which part of Avenged you want to sound like.

Sysyster Gates has been using his own signature pickup set from Schecter for a few years now.  Much more clear, defined, and articulate than what he was using previously.  Schecter has been making pickups since the late 70s, so they are a solid option to consider.  Since you're asking about DiMarzio, the first thing that comes to mind that's like those would be the Imperium.

For what Zachy is using, I'd start with the Dominion set.

Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline Omegex

• View Profile
Re: Pickups for Schecter c-1
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 03:03:55 PM »
While I love the overall sound ov Avenged, I definitely like Syn's tone much more than zacky's, especially after seeing them live a few weeks ago. I had looked at his schecter set, but the set is close to $300 and that's a bit much for me to spend without knowing if it will compliment my own playing style.