Anyone try the Norton DP160 in the neck?

• 3 Replies

Offline NateGrimm

• View Profile
Anyone try the Norton DP160 in the neck?
« on: January 23, 2018, 11:40:28 PM »
I know it's a bridge pickup, and I have seen no indications of anybody trying this anywhere on the net. But I do know that some people put the JB or JB Jr. in the neck of their guitars so I figured why not the Norton?

If anyone has tried it in the neck, what does it sound like there? I'm just asking because I'm thinking of trying that out and I wanna know if I oughtta even bother. What do you guys think?

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone try the Norton DP160 in the neck?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:08:50 AM »
If I were to put one in the neck I would run the coils in parallel, not in series.
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 03:18:51 AM »
Of course you should try it! I wouldve never in a million years thought of putting a Tone Zone in the neck until I heard that both Michael Romeo and Paul Gilbert did it. Turns out it works great. Just go for it.

Offline StratDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 10:37:40 AM »
I have it currently in a alder strat. The tone is sublime to my ears, it isn't the mud everyone fears. I didn't change any settings on my amp other than reducing the gain a touch and the sound has all the thick, rich qualities I'd normally associate with a shorter-scale set neck guitar. In fact the reason I just joined this forum was to discuss the Norton vs the Air Norton in such cases, so look for that thread if you are curious there as well.