harmonics:
hi
what's your opinion about ESP-LTD?
i said that because someone said ESP wanted to be close to Gibson

but it  would never happened lol
is it really true ?

was it about the ec 1000 ?

DarthPhineas:
Considering all the companies that has a version of a single cut body, this makes them no closer to Gibson than anyone else. If they were, they’d be getting sued, like PRS was back around 2001.

Does the ST or the TE series make them seem like they want to be close to Fender?  Or the V series like Jackson?

Not many do anything terribly original. It’s about finding a fit and a feel that works best with the player.

harmonics:
what's st or te?

the ESP/ltd  models like the ec 100 really look like the Gibson lp custom
with a lower price
and with EMG pickups
that's all

after, that with the EC 1000 +sh1 sh4 : does it really sound like a Lp with a higher price
i don't know because i have not this model
they were made to give more power to modern player and with a little price vs a Lp Standard 2018 for example ( the hp series cost a lot of money, more than before)

Rabelais:

--- Quote from: harmonics on December 18, 2017, 07:14:43 AM ---hi
what's your opinion about ESP-LTD?
i said that because someone said ESP wanted to be close to Gibson

but it  would never happened lol
is it really true ?

was it about the ec 1000 ?
[/quite]

If hard rock / metal are your generes, they are definitely worth checking out. The EC 1000’s are well built and come with locking tuners, EMG, Fishman Fluence or Seymour Duncan Pickups.
--- End quote ---

Strobe:
The eclipse models are thinner than a Les Paul, and have a different neck profile (usually a thin U). They have large frets and most models have a different control layout than the 2 volume, 2 tone on the Les Paul. The made in Japan Navigator series is a lot closer to a Les Paul - those are more in the replica territory. The shape is a little similar, but they are not very much like a Les Paul to me when you consider the overall feel.

The LTD models are good bang for the buck, but it's the MIJ stuff that really shines. My MIJ ESP E-II Horizon III in Reindeer Blue is stunning and the fretwork is immaculate. It's more of a super strat, but the shape of the horns is novel to ESP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version