Is my Liquifire original?

• 2 Replies

Offline Andree88

• View Profile
Is my Liquifire original?
« on: November 15, 2017, 07:29:19 PM »
Hi, I've bought an used Sterling JP60 with Crunch Lab and Liquifire.
I changed strings and saw that the Crunch Lab is an original DiMarzio CL (DiMarzio logo behind + label) but I cannot tell if the Liquifire is original one or not.
I only see US patented and a label 227.. it seems the patented of LF but cannot know if is it really a original LF.
Can You help me?

Thanks!

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Is my Liquifire original?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 07:41:57 AM »
It has the correct model number (227) and the correct patent numbers. Apart from that it looks rather "used" on the underside, even though the pictures I googled showed pickups that looked like yours. Does the baseplate look the same as that of the Crunch Lab in that guitar? If yes then I would believe it is original. Personally, that would matter only to me if I wanted to sell the pickup. Do you like how it sounds? Best to keep it.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline Marshall Law

• View Profile
Re: Is my Liquifire original?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:00:46 AM »
That is definitely a official LF'er BUT what the hell is up with the condition of that baseplate?
I do not understand how the bottom of a p'u could get into the condition?
there is even a blob of solder on it? ???