DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Any chance of a stickied DiMarzio Mods post?

<< < (5/8) > >>

RayBarbeeMusic:

--- Quote from: buddroyce on February 12, 2019, 01:17:04 AM ---
I have to give this mod a try sometime. Sounds promising.

As for removing the poles under the cover, those are typically slugs and not screw poles so you're going to have a much harder time with those since they can't easily be screwed out. Worth a try though. Let us know if if you attempt it and it's results

--- End quote ---

On a dual screw coil pickup easy either way, but almost as easy with slugs.  The slugs tap out of the coil very easily with gentle push from a punch.   With a cover on you can't tell it's not stock, except for the lack of mud.  Actually works better knocking out the slugs as that coil is darker and the screw coil will have more sparkle anyway.   Also, you can equal out your string volume by adjusting the screws; if you remove screws and leave slugs, well, not as easy to equal out your string volume.

RayBarbeeMusic:
For those who have an issue doing the pole removal thing on pickups due to looks, I may have a source on 316 stainless screws and rods (to make slugs) that are non-magnetic but will keep the look correct.  Will report back once I experiment.

darkbluemurder:
Very cool, thanks for the heads up.

RayBarbeeMusic:
Confirmed that the 316 stainless from McMaster-Carr is non-magnetic.  You can order rods in the correct diameter for slug poles (you have to cut your poles to length from the rod) and a number of socket screws from this material. 

Strangeman86:
A twice-aired Dominion.  Obviously the standard Dimarzio fare of a gap between the pole pieces and the magnet, but also a gap (with some sort of pad, like the Imperium's magnet setup) between the magnet and the base plate.  It really cleans up the attack, opens up the treble in a super-pleasant way and increases the dynamic sensitivity quite a bit. I should also mention that I'm using an Imperium's 3/8ths in mag for this mod (I know, sacrificing one pickup for another) which makes up for most of the power lost in the air'ing process.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version