DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Any chance of a stickied DiMarzio Mods post?

<< < (3/8) > >>

darkbluemurder:
I add this topic on the Mo Joe and Breed (not mine): http://www.dimarzioforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,6515.0.html

SkyMonkey:
Non-invasive mud mod put forward by Lone Phantom. Place a capacitor inline (i.e. series) with the hot out from a pickup to remove some of the bass frequencies (i.e. mud). Lower capacitor values are supposed to have greater effect. Staring point of 0.047μ, and experiment from there.

darkbluemurder:

--- Quote from: RayBarbeeMusic on November 16, 2017, 04:14:49 PM ---DP223 36th Anniv Bridge:  Change magnet to A2.  This is my current (by far) favorite pickup for the bridge of a strat with 250k volume pot.  Articulate sound with nicely vocal mids, no mud, removes the harsh high end from the stock A5 version.  I like this better than any bridge PAF, including the oft drooled over Tom Holmes.  Splits nicely with the middle pickup (I always leave the bridge coil active, if you're using Area middle this requires flipping magnet polarity on the 223, but since the mag is changing anyway, no extra work).
--- End quote ---

I wonder whether the Virtual Hot PAF would benefit from this in the same way - anybody tried it?

Cheers Stephan

vincenz:

--- Quote from: RayBarbeeMusic on November 16, 2017, 04:14:49 PM ---[...]

Super 2 in the neck: Remove all poles from neck side coil. Result:  Sounds like a big, loud single coil.  Loud enough to easily keep up with a mid range bucker in the bridge (Air Zone, AT-1, etc.).  Tight, bright, but with output no single can cop. 

--- End quote ---

I tryed your mod on my Les Paul : Super 2 neck pup, poles under the 3 bass strings removed. Works great as expected. Thanks for that awesome trick !

Actually this pickup has a PAF style cover installed, and I wonder what would be the result if I remove the poles which are hidden under the cover instead of the visible ones.
What do you think ?

buddroyce:

--- Quote from: vincenz on February 06, 2019, 09:53:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: RayBarbeeMusic on November 16, 2017, 04:14:49 PM ---[...]

Super 2 in the neck: Remove all poles from neck side coil. Result:  Sounds like a big, loud single coil.  Loud enough to easily keep up with a mid range bucker in the bridge (Air Zone, AT-1, etc.).  Tight, bright, but with output no single can cop. 

--- End quote ---

I tryed your mod on my Les Paul : Super 2 neck pup, poles under the 3 bass strings removed. Works great as expected. Thanks for that awesome trick !

Actually this pickup has a PAF style cover installed, and I wonder what would be the result if I remove the poles which are hidden under the cover instead of the visible ones.
What do you think ?

--- End quote ---

I have to give this mod a try sometime. Sounds promising.

As for removing the poles under the cover, those are typically slugs and not screw poles so you're going to have a much harder time with those since they can't easily be screwed out. Worth a try though. Let us know if if you attempt it and it's results

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version