Fast Track 2 Bridge. Would like recommendations for 1 &2

• 5 Replies

Offline AJRMN

• View Profile
Fast Track 2 Bridge. Would like recommendations for 1 &2
« on: October 02, 2017, 05:35:30 PM »
I play rock/metal/Blues. Looking for some versatile pickups for the neck and bridge that will compliment the FS2.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muki

Re: Fast Track 2 Bridge. Would like recommendations for 1 &2
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 04:48:21 PM »
Hello dude,
I would recomend real full humbucker in the bridge position instead of this fake humbuckers....i own pro track in the bridge position and i just get part of sound...it is hollow humbuker sound (something missing), does not sound reah and full in my ears...
I hope this will help you...
I would recomend from 36 ann to tone zone pikups...
Rail type of pickups are good enough for neck position but not good enough for main pickup...you will search something fuller very soon.
Good luck

Offline jmcorey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 01:54:50 PM »
I play rock/metal/Blues. Looking for some versatile pickups for the neck and bridge that will compliment the FS2.
Thanks

It really depends on what you want. Myself, I would like a very clean middle, and I tend to like cleaner necks. I might go with a set of cruisers. But the issue is what do you want? How much darker do you want the neck in the middle. Or do you want a really bright neck?

Personally, I would like all real pick ups, so that they match. That’s the aesthetics that I like.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 02:59:43 PM »
I agree - it depends on what you want. If you want to go all rails then I would go Cruiser (either model) in the middle and Cruiser in the neck. If you want to go fatter in the neck, FT-1.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

BluesJam

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 12:16:48 AM »
+1 with Stephan with rail-style pickups.  The Cruiser will do the blues thing.   If you do a push/pull mod, you can have a series/parallel mod that would would give you more pseudo single coil sounds, if needed.

Offline 5150

• -=VH=-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 06:04:47 PM »
I was just about to respond to this and realized the OP asked this question about 4 years ago!

I still agree with Stephan though. The Cruiser would be a pretty awesome fit with a Fast Track 2.