Pickups for my Strat

• 1 Replies

Offline effectsman

• View Profile
Pickups for my Strat
« on: October 02, 2017, 04:18:54 AM »
Hi all

I have a alder body maple neck rosewood fingerboard Strat which is reasonably bright. I am looking for a more powerful mid forward set of pickups. I have been using Seymour Duncan SSL 2s (no stagger) in the neck and middle and an SSL 6 (SSL 5 with no stagger) in the bridge. I like the SSL 6 for soloing, but I'm still looking to de-emphasize the treble and get more mid range and more oomph. The SSL2s are fairly vintage sounding and emphasize the treble.

I was thinking either Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues 2 in the neck and middle with an Injector bridge or Virtual Solo bridge.

Does anyone with experience in these have any feedback to share?

Thanks!

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pickups for my Strat
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 03:28:41 AM »
I agree with your neck and middle choices but if you don't want a vintage type single coil tone in the bridge I would consider one of the rail type pickups such as the Chopper or even the Pro Track.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b