Which single soil is good for HSH with H-Evolutions

• 7 Replies

Offline H.R.

• View Profile
Which single soil is good for HSH with H-Evolutions
« on: September 29, 2017, 10:32:52 AM »
Hello friends,
I have Ibanez RG2570 Prestige (FR)- Basswood body, Rosewood fingerboard, Maple+Walnut neck.
I decided to change the stock Dimarzio/IBZ's with:

DP 159FBK Evolution Bridge - Humbucker for Bridge
DP 158FBK Evolution Bridge - Humbucker for Neck

Looking , reading and listening a lot I was impressed that this pair is a good choice for this guitar and my style.

But could somebody advise me which single coil I can choose for middle pickup with the this combination.

I usually not use it but who know in one moment I could hear any good sound that I will like. The current Dimarzio/IBZ is too quiet and tight. 

(I play high-gain metal, shred, pig squeals, but often pure clean harmonies, double hands...you know)

Offline greenlion

• View Profile
Re: Which single soil is good for HSH with H-Evolutions
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 12:25:46 PM »
Wasn't there an Evolution middle? I thought there used to be one. A Fast Track might work for you.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 01:21:09 PM »
I believe there is an Evo middle but I think it's an OEM model made for the Ibanez Jems.

Personally I like my middle pickups to be clean and would go with something like a cruiser just for the contrast.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

marcwormjim

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 01:21:26 PM »
Dealers can order Evo singles, and there are a dozen or so listed on Reverb and eBay.

Offline H.R.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 05:15:51 AM »
Thank you for the suggestions !
Sorry that I didn't notice that there is Single Evolution too: DIMARZIO ISCV2 Evolution Single Coil MIDDLE (Black or White color). Probably it is designed to be enough suitable with the humbucker Evolutions pair - Bridge and Neck.

Of course there are probably any alternatives - different and interesting sounding. As beginning I just want to be no so quiet like the original Dimarzio/Ibz stock single pickup.

The suggested Cruiser is single coil shaped humbucker -
Special dual-resonance design
One coil acts as woofer and other as a tweeter
Extended range of noise-canceling - this is interesting
Less magnetic pull
Clean, clear, bright sound
Output: 140mV

Suggested Fast Track - probably "1" - it is suitable for all the positions
"The Fast Track 1™ is hotter and more muscular than The Cruiser®, but it’s still very bright and clean sounding — not at all like a full-size humbucker. ...."

Using one of them it will stay combination from 3 humbuckers - not so usual combination ?

Offline greenlion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 10:47:05 PM »
I personally like the cruiser better than the fast track too, but I don't think it would mesh as well with the Evos.

Offline H.R.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 09:45:29 AM »
Thank you for the advices once again !  :)
For beginning I will start with the Evo single. Later probably will try the others.
After they arrive, and I make the change - I will put here my impressions from them. 

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 03:02:45 AM »
I personally like the cruiser better than the fast track too, but I don't think it would mesh as well with the Evos.

The Cruiser is rather low output so it may be overpowered by the Evos. If you want something humcancelling with higher output, either the Injector neck or Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues 2.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b