Pairing a Super 2 (neck) with an Evo 2 in the bridge?

• 2 Replies

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
Pairing a Super 2 (neck) with an Evo 2 in the bridge?
« on: August 18, 2017, 05:52:56 AM »
Anybody tried this? I'm a huge fan of the S2, its my favorite neck pu for shreddy stuff and Im thinking the Evo 2 could be an epic match in the bridge. Granted, it has (on paper) a bit less output but that shouldn't be anything that couldn't be fixed by adjusting pu height.

I've got the SD/S2 combo in one guitar and Super 3/S2 in another so I've got those two obvious combinations covered. Just looking for something more modern and mid-focused in the bridge. The Evo 2 seems like it could fit the bill perfectly.

Offline chuck.hanning.1

• View Profile
Re: Pairing a Super 2 (neck) with an Evo 2 in the bridge?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 07:04:26 AM »
Anybody tried this? I'm a huge fan of the S2, its my favorite neck pu for shreddy stuff and Im thinking the Evo 2 could be an epic match in the bridge. Granted, it has (on paper) a bit less output but that shouldn't be anything that couldn't be fixed by adjusting pu height.

I've got the SD/S2 combo in one guitar and Super 3/S2 in another so I've got those two obvious combinations covered. Just looking for something more modern and mid-focused in the bridge. The Evo 2 seems like it could fit the bill perfectly.

I have a paf pro in the neck with an Evo 2 in the bridge in my jazzblaster and it sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
Re: Pairing a Super 2 (neck) with an Evo 2 in the bridge?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 08:42:18 AM »

I have a paf pro in the neck with an Evo 2 in the bridge in my jazzblaster and it sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! Yeah, I dig the PAF Pro too. I have it paired with a Tone Zone and thats one of my absolute favorite combos. The S2 is just a step up from the PP when it comes to brightness and output so on paper it should RAWK.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 08:46:42 AM by jazzfromhell »