DiMarzio BC2 single coil help!

• 1 Replies

ionorbiter

DiMarzio BC2 single coil help!
« on: August 04, 2017, 11:53:24 PM »
Hey guys,

I've never installed any DiMarzio pups in a stratocaster before, and I was really hoping someone could just tell me which wires need to be soldered where for this particular setup. I've tried looking at the wiring diagrams on the DiMarzio site and there's just too many wiring options. This new pickup is a Billy Corgan signature model "BC2" which is the bridge position pickup. The stratocaster in question is a Squier "50's classic vibe" (in case that matters in terms of electronics).

I've taken the strings and pickguard off as you'll notice in the picture below. 2nd pic is the new pickup. I suppose where I'm getting confused here is that the current bridge position single coil only has 2 wires coming from it whereas the new one has 4 wires and a ground..

Any help would surely be appreciated, thanks everyone.. If better pics are needed I can take them, just need to know which wires to tie off with electric tape and which ones to solder where.  :-\

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:13:52 AM by ionorbiter »

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DiMarzio BC2 single coil help!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 03:41:17 AM »
If you just want to put the new pickup in place of the old one, it is quite simple: put the red wire where the old pickup's wire was connected to the switch, the green wire to ground (i.e. the back of the volume pot), and solder white and black together and tape them (they should not connect any other point in the circuitry or ground).

If you get a very weak and sick sound in position #2 of the switch (bridge + middle), reverse red and green.

Good luck,
Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b