Dp149bk

• 2 Replies

Offline Cmabass77

• View Profile
Dp149bk
« on: June 27, 2017, 08:52:36 PM »
I just installed the dimarzio ultra dp149 in my  bass and the neck pickup has no sound however my bridge pickup works as intended. I  soldered the white and black wires together then taped up since Iam hooking up in series. The red wire i soldered to the center leg of the neck pickup pot. The green  wires from both pickups I soldered together then soldered to the back of the neck pickup pot. Has anyone run into this problem? If so do you think i have a defective neck pickup or neck pickup pot?

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dp149bk
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 09:27:01 AM »
I just installed the dimarzio ultra dp149 in my  bass and the neck pickup has no sound however my bridge pickup works as intended.

That means that everything from the bridge volume pot to the output jack and the ground connections are fine.

I  soldered the white and black wires together then taped up since Iam hooking up in series.

That is correct.

The red wire i soldered to the center leg of the neck pickup pot.

Correct as well.

The green  wires from both pickups I soldered together then soldered to the back of the neck pickup pot.

Correct again.

So the most likely culprit is a missing wire from the neck pickup volume pot to the output jack (can also be soldered to the output of the bridge volume pot). I would check that first. If that does not work then either the volume pot or the pickup are defective but to determine that you need to make measurements with a multimeter.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline Cmabass77

• View Profile
Re: Dp149bk
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 07:36:04 AM »
Update: I tried everything you mentioned and it turned out to be a defective bridge volume pot. So the pickup finally works, Thanks for your help!