"GIFMEN" pickups?

• 3 Replies

Offline corypheus

• View Profile
"GIFMEN" pickups?
« on: April 18, 2017, 04:31:53 PM »
Hi peeps!

The neverending quest about pickups continues!
I've got a used MIM HSS strat... the wiring is giving me headache... there's a weird switch and the previous owner installed a pickup after the neck single, but also a single - very weird indeed, and only the neck pickup works. I can't untangle it yet... will probably have to rewire the whole damn thing.

But I didn't open the topic to complain, instead, one of the pickups (well, two but the second doesn't have the logo, looks the same though) on it, which I expected to be run-of-the-mill Fender mex standard pickups... has very big stamped GIFMEN on it. I want to ask what kind of pickup it is... who manufactures it?

What's obvious from the pic (attachment) of mine is.. it's a ceramic bar magnet. The ohm reading for that one with the logo read 5.60 kohm... the middle, that looks the same without the logo, rates 5.50 kohm instead. However, since the guitar wiring is so screwed up, I have no clue how those sound at all - as only the last singlecoil on the pick works. That one reads 5.72 and it's quite warm with good middle tones (it's what appears to be a early lace sensor, patent applied sticker version).

So anyone have any experience or any info whatsoever about GIFMEN pickups?

Cory

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:52:25 PM by corypheus »

Offline corypheus

• View Profile
Re: "GIFMEN" pickups?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 12:23:39 PM »
Come on people, I can't find anything concrete on the internet... there has to be *some* info that one of you know! I just really wanna know if they're considered good... I bought the new pots and 5 way switch and I'll be rewiring the guitar in one of upcoming days, when I get more free time. I'm not sure do I wanna keep them there, or do I wanna install DMZ or something else?

Cheers

Offline slugworth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 09:52:55 PM »
Wrong section.
DIMARZIO MODELS CURRENTLY OR PREVIOUSLY OWNED: 68 TOTAL

Offline corypheus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 09:08:49 AM »
I suppose, but then no mods to move it to the right one either.