Breed set

• 4 Replies

Offline Marco78

• View Profile
Breed set
« on: October 04, 2016, 02:41:45 AM »
Hi boys, I got a Ibanez RG655 with "classic" Air Norton / Tone Zone combo.

I'd to try someone different, with less bass and more high.

What about Breed set? The set is really strange because neck output is really similar to bridge output, while for other set this difference is in the order of 20-30%.
I am afraid that the neck pickup will be too boomy with very high output in comparison to bridge ones.

Thanks a lot

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Breed set
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 03:29:56 AM »
I am afraid I am not of much help. I have the Breed set but have not used it as such since I never used the Breed neck in the neck position.

The bridge pickup should be an improvement over the TZ if you want less sizzle.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 03:37:51 AM »
Nah, they are matched and made for eachother so it should not be a problem. Worst case just lower the neck pickup a bit and you should be golden.

Offline greenlion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 05:21:57 PM »
Its a good set, but I don't know if its going to give you a lot less bass or a lot more highs. The Breeds are sort of a dark set too. I personally hate the Air Norton, and run a Paf Pro in the neck with my Tone Zone. The Air Norton is a mud bomb. I had the breed set in an RG for a while, but gave that one up and kept the Tone Zone/Paf Pro. The other set I have right now is a Fred and Humbucker From Hell. Definitely has more highs and less lows, but may be lower power than you want.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:42:15 PM by greenlion »

Offline bluediamond

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 11:07:12 PM »
Breed set in my opinion has less bass but also warmer/less highs than a TZ. Maybe try the dominion set.